Sunday, July 10, 2016

Painting at Bubby's

Some of the Grands are here today.  What could be more fun than an impromptu art class?

In the past, I've given the kids colored pencils or water colors.  What is really nice to use are the Derwent water color pencils - particularly the inktense pencils.  The effect of watercolor without the mess.  Even the little ones love it - Bubby draws the picture and they use water to make it pop.

But today, I wanted the kids to feel very special using my regular paints.  My art instructor is very health conscious and only uses water soluble oil paints, so, today I thought we'd use some of the paint, but treat it like water colors.

I took some red, blue, green and yellow and put little dabs on a paper plate for each of them.  I gave each a canvas board to paint on.  I felt the lesson would go better if we all painted the same thing. I hoped the kids might learn a bit about blending, color theory, and possibly brush strokes. Well, that worked for Faigy (3rd grade), but not for Zehava (1st grade).

i think they both did a great job on their paintings!

This is Zehava's


This is Faigy's

and this one is mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment